Soulseekers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soulseekers

A forum for paranormal discussions. All views are welcome!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Having nun of that!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
les317
les317

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-08-26

Having nun of that! Empty
PostSubject: Having nun of that!   Having nun of that! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 10:54 pm

Walking home late one afternoon from Southampton Common, my route took me down Highfield Lane. It was during a school holiday, possibly a summer break as I had been sunbathing with friends. About halfway down this road, walking towards Portswood, a tiny chapel with a small burial plot is clearly discernable. It is on a small triangular plot on the corner of Church Lane, at the top of a sharp little hill that leads towards Southampton University. I had a keen interest in girls at the time, so it was either 1969 or 1970. 1971 was my last year at school, and I was working that summer! lol

Anywho - as the chapel came within my view, with it's building, headstones, and couple of trees, I saw a nun in a grey habit close by the nearest tree to Highfield Lane, next to a headstone. Chapel/graves/nun, didn't mean anything unusual to me. Occasionally see somebody in there, sometimes cutting off the corner to continue down Church Lane. Seen nuns dressed in grey before, and that wasn't unusual to me either. What took the biscuit, was when I was close enough to see the lighter fabric of her habit, she vanished. Had I looked away? Did I blink a little too long? The distance from where she was to the chapel was too far for a sprint in the blink of an eye! And when I reached the wall that would have separated her from me, I could see across the small plot. A couple more steps and I could see down the hill. There was no sign of the nun. I simply accepted it as being either a ghost, or I am a space cadet. Still haven't worked out which! lol

Oddly - I wasn't really concerned then, and still not worried by it now.
Back to top Go down

Having nun of that!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soulseekers :: Your Experiences :: Les spot a la fantome-
Jump to: