Soulseekers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soulseekers

A forum for paranormal discussions. All views are welcome!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

9th January 2008

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
les317
les317

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-08-26

9th January 2008 Empty
PostSubject: 9th January 2008   9th January 2008 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 2:06 am

Okay guys, my first invest of the year involved a couple with 4 girls who were having "Night Terrors" and insisted that there was somebody in their bedroom at night. The 2 youngest girls seemed to be the most affected by this. the next eldest seems to know something but is saying nothing though she does cry at night and does not want to be alone.
The neighbouring house also seems to be affected. I went to perform an initial check, and here is an outline of what I found....

Called to family home where children are having “night terrors” and unusual events have been reported.

A toy jumping out of the toybox in the bedroom, possibly a ball. Bedroom light turning on and off, cats behaving strangely, apparition of child on the stairs, one of an adult in one of the bedrooms. Noises.

Children involved – 4 girls aged 2, 4, 6, and 7. The 7yo seems unaffected, and the 6yo may be affected but is very quiet. Younger two are terrified.

Indications are that front single bedroom, upper landing and stairs are where events occur.

4:07pm Baseline check.

Ambient temperature – 18C. Baseline reading – 0.0ELF. Orientation 356

Took photographs of upper stairs and landing. Took photograph through doorway of 2yo and 4yo’s bedroom, autofocus malfunctioned. Took second photograph, autofocus okay. Photographed all 3 children’s bedrooms.

4:17 Baseline check complete. Left premises.

10:00pm return to property, outline events for the evening with family. Girls in bedrooms. Not realised that I required an empty room.

10:30pm 2yo and 6yo both crying. In separate rooms. 2yo fell out of bottom bunk. 6yo uncomfortable. Nothing as of yet. Ambient temperature around 17C. No changes.

10:46pm Checked 7yo’s bedroom on request. All quiet. Child sound asleep. 0.2ELF reading on upper landing close against wall of 6yo’s bedroom, upset and crying again. Did not enter room, asked mother to attend.

11:00pm Called to neighbour’s. Reports of old male figure being sighted, stereo system being turned on and off. Performed baseline check of lounge, kitchen, and 19yo’s bedroom.
Ambient temperature 20C. Baseline reading 0.1ELF. Orientation 356

11:15pm Meter fluctuated and recorded a 0.3ELF at a central point of the lounge window. Cable detector did not register.

11:20pm Meter detected a variance to 0.2ELF in corner of bedroom where stereo system was located. Currently unplugged and cable detector did not register.

11:25pm Meter detected a variance to 0.1ELF in kitchen, this was from appliances. No further checks at this stage. Returning at a later date to investigate.

11:30pm Returned to original property.

11:55pm Set up MP3 recorder in 6yo’s bedroom. Inside door, against the wall, on set of drawers. Child currently asleep. Took ELF reading of 0.1. Sat on landing with family friend to wait. 2yo awake and mother up and down stairs to attend.

12:55am Abandoned investigation. Too much activity and restricted. Unable to take photographs as flash may disturb children. Could not go in and out of bedrooms in case disturbed and upset children. Left MP3 recorder until morning. Arrangements to be made for grandparents to have children over a weekend to be able to perform investigation.

Results of EVP:

The following morning, I had the MP3 recorder returned to me, and I went through the recording using Audacity software. I could hear the video player in the next bedroom clearly, it was on quietly, playing a children’s film to provide a background to help the 2yo and 4yo sleep. I could also hear the family friend who was downstairs in the lounge, when he coughed. This establishes the level of the volume that I listened at. The family friend was awake till approx. 4am on his laptop. I could also hear the sleeping patterns of the parents who occupied the bedroom opposite the room that the recording was made in. Both bedroom doors were not fully closed, but were kept slightly ajar.

The EVP contains the sound of a frightening male voice and some unexplained movement/actions. Upon questioning, after hearing the recording, the parents both have no knowledge of either of themselves talking in their sleep, nor having dreams that would correspond with what was said. Some of what was said, I was unable to understand. The sound of the voice alone, from whatever source, would be enough to frighten the children.

Personal note:

Parents are somewhat relieved that their imagination is not responsible for what is happening, and are happy for me to return to complete the investigation as soon as they can make the arrangements. The toy jumping out of the toybox, possibly a ball, may have just fallen off the top and rolled across the floor during the night. The cat’s behaviour (3 of them) may just be normal, which seems to be weather related. I.e. running up and down curtains, chasing around the furniture, staring off into the distance. I did however observe one cat who seemed to be seeing something just as I felt a tingling (cold?) sensation pass through me. I reached down to the cat and he hissed, but not at me as he was looking past me when I was stroking him. Upstairs I had felt the presence of a young boy. It was brief, but I felt the same presence at the neighbour’s location. I also learned after the event that the old man that was seen in the neighbour’s was seen in the upstairs bathroom, which I had not included in my baseline check. I will check this on my return.

The following morning I went over the 6 hour recording to see what else I could discover, and was annoyed at what I found out..

The first voice clip is still unexplained so does warrant a return in it's own right, to complete the investigation. That and other events confirm that something is going on. During the first hour of recording, a house guest and myself were whispering outside of the bedrooms on the landing. General chit chat - so I discounted this part of the recording. During the night I found a further 5 voice clips on the EVP that came from the same voice pattern. The fifth and final voice clip, around 5am, was the clincher. After amplifying and cleaning up the sound, I could hear somebody climbing the stairs, and then a few swear words, as if this person had just remembered that I was still recording. Further more - the voice was the same as that of the house guest when whispering at the beginning of the recording. Kinda made me a little annoyed. Had I not been witness to other events, I would have given up then and put it down as a hoax. The couple involved were not at all happy to discover what had happened, and we have arranged to complete the investigation at the end of January. Still waiting to confirm the neighbour for a return visit...

Hopefully have some photos worth looking at, at the end of this.. Shocked What a Face
Back to top Go down
ghostrider

ghostrider

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-10-13

9th January 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9th January 2008   9th January 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 5:20 pm

very intresting investigation
Back to top Go down
Soulseekers
Admin
Soulseekers

Number of posts : 163

9th January 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9th January 2008   9th January 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 12:16 am

Thanks for sharing that with us Les, you are very thorough. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulseekers.org.uk
les317
les317

Number of posts : 131

9th January 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9th January 2008   9th January 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 3:34 pm

About time I signed off on this one...
The results of the invest were somewhat less supernatural and more sinister than was realised. No photos are expected from this investigation at this stage, and I may not need to return in the near future on this one.

Further examination of the EVP revealed that one person was responsible for much of the voice recording, although there were some unexplained sounds and voices. The person that was responsible for much of the recording, was also responsible for the night terrors that the children were suffering. This has since ceased as he is no longer a danger to the public..

There does seem to be the presence of a young boy in the household, but the family are quite at ease with this now, and my job there seems to be done. Not the result I was expecting, but the family are more than pleased with my results..

I am now trying to gain access to my grandparents home, only the tenant has fled after being physically pushed around the house..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

9th January 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9th January 2008   9th January 2008 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

9th January 2008
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soulseekers :: Your Experiences :: Private Invests-
Jump to: